Wound care services in Ocala, Florida
When you have a wound that won't heal, you can trust the experts at Ocala Health to provide the healing solutions you need.
Our wound care doctors treat chronic wounds with treatments including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, an advanced
For more information about our outpatient wound treatments, please call the Wound and Hyperbaric Center at (352) 401-1013.
Wound conditions we treat
We treat a variety of chronic wound conditions, including:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Nonhealing surgical wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Various traumatic wounds
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Wounds caused by:
- Collagen vascular disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
Outpatient wound care center
Our outpatient program for nonhealing wounds is designed to complement physicians' practices.
Your physician will refer you to our center for wound management while continuing to treat underlying conditions. You can also contact us directly at (352) 401-1013 for an appointment.
Benefits of treatment at the Wound and Hyperbaric Center include:
- Earlier recovery
- High level of limb salvage in severe wounds
- Less hospitalization time
- Prevention of prolonged and/or permanent disability
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Hyperbaric medicine uses established technology in a new way to help heal persistent wounds. All hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) treatments take place within our advanced, patient-friendly chambers. Each hyperbaric oxygen chamber accommodates one person per session, ensuring your privacy and comfort.
During an HBOT session, you will inhale oxygen at 100 percent concentration while the pressure of your treatment chamber is increased to a point higher than sea level. While inhaling pure oxygen, your plasma becomes saturated. This allows about 20 to 30 more times the normal amount of oxygen to be carried to your body's tissues. The result is the body's natural wound-healing mechanisms, which rely on oxygen, work more effectively.
The medical staff of our HBOT unit continuously reviews research and clinical data to stay updated and maintain appropriate protocols, clinical efficiency and safety of hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Specialized wound care team
At our Wound and Hyperbaric Center, you will be assessed and diagnosed before our team of specialists design your individualized wound management program.
Our expert wound care team is made up of:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management
- Nurses trained in the care of chronic wounds
- A certified wound specialist recognized by the Board of the American Academy of Wound Management
- Experienced administrative assistants to handle appointments, medical records and health insurance processing
Preparing for your wound care appointment
Once you have a scheduled appointment at our Wound and Hyperbaric Center, you can prepare by reviewing the list below. Before your appointment, we will ask some questions about your wound and your medical history.
- Bring a list of all prescriptions you're taking and include any over-the-counter medications.
- Bring your medical records and insurance cards.
- If you are diabetic, please bring a snack and medication with you. Your initial visit will take a little time.
- Keep your appointment. We value and depend on your cooperation to fully provide the healing help you need.