Intensive care unit in Ocala, Florida
Ocala Health provides two critical care medicine locations in Marion County.
In the Intensive Care Units at Ocala Regional Medical Center and West Marion Community Hospital, our specialists provide critical care to our patients with the most serious needs.
Our board-certified intensivists and specialists are trained to provide 24/7 monitoring to patients who are recovering from medical procedures, in need of advanced care or are critically ill.
For more information about our ICUs, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (800) 530-1188.
West Marion Community Hospital ICU services
West Marion Community Hospital has a 10-bed ICU and an eight-bed intermediate care unit. In these units, we offer the following critical care services:
- Cardiopulmonary assist device management
- Chest tube management
- Diabetes ketoacidosis treatment
- Hemodynamic monitoring (invasive and non-invasive)
- Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome
- Intra-aortic balloon pump management
- Multisystem organ failure treatment
- Targeted temperature management
- Post-cardiac catheterization intervention care
- Respiratory failure critical care
- Stroke care following administration of tissue-plasminogen activator (tPA, a clot-busting drug)
- Vasopressor therapy (critically low blood pressure therapy)
- Ventilator management
Ocala Regional Medical Center ICU services
At Ocala Regional Medical Center, we provide focused, intensive care 24/7.
Ocala Regional Medical Center's ICU offers all the services at the ICU at West Marion Community Hospital, plus:
- Advanced ventilator management with metabolic assessment capabilities
- Comprehensive interventional neurocritical care
- Continuous electroencephalogram (EEG) capability
- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)
- External ventricular drain management
- Intracranial pressure monitoring
- Invasive brain tissue oxygenation monitoring
- Pronation therapy for management of unresolved acute respiratory distress
- Severe traumatic brain injury care
Cardiovascular ICU at Ocala Regional Medical Center
At Ocala Regional Medical Center's Cardiovascular ICU, patients receive focused, life-saving care during major critical heart events. Our dedicated CVICU is part of our complete continuum of cardiac care. Here, we provide the highest level of cardiovascular care to stabilize patients who are experiencing life-threatening heart conditions.
In our CVICU, we offer extracorporeal membrenous oxygenation (ECMO), a specialized therapy for patients with severe heart and lung failure. We also provide a high-quality cardiothoracic program, which includes heart and vascular surgery, including valve or coronary artery bypass surgery. After these surgeries, we may care for patients in our CVICU.