Angel M Caban, MDGeneral Surgery
After finishing his extensive training, Dr Angel Caban joined the faculty at University of Florida and was an Assistant Professor of the Department of Surgery for three and a half years. He was involved in training medical students, surgical residents and bariatric surgery fellows. Clinically, he developed a busy practice that involved taking care of highly complex patients requiring advanced laparoscopic skills. He practiced at Shands Hospital and the Malcom Randal VA Medical Center.
In January of 2014, he parted ways from the academic environment and went into private practice in Ocala, Florida. In just several months Dr Angel Caban became one of the most prominent surgeons in Marion County. He has performed many complex procedures at West Marion Community Hospital and Ocala Regional Medical Center. These procedures include a wide variety of Laparoscopic and Open surgeries. He recently performed the first Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy in Marion County for esophageal cancer.
Prior to his arrival in Ocala most of this patients had to seek medical attention far from home because of the lack of expertise in the area. Now the majority of this patients can enjoy world class care closer to their love ones.
Dr Angel Caban takes great care of his patients and his outstanding outcomes are a reflection of his training, expertise and attention to details.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal - Florida
Regence Group (Bs-Wa, Bs-Id, Bcbs-Ut, Bcbs-Or)
Commercial Primary - Miscellaneous Insurance
Florida Blue BlueSelect
Freedom Health - Medicare HMO
Medicaid of Florida
United Healthcare - AARP - Medicare Complete
United Healthcare Medicare
Veterans Administration - VA
Wellcare - HMO
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Surgery - Primary - Board Certified
- Bariatric Surgery
- Graduate Degree: Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara - 2003
- Residency: New York Medical College - St. Vincent’s Hospital Manhattan - 2006
- Fellowship: University of Texas Southwestern - 2010
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Puerto Rico - 1999
- Residency: University of Florida - Shands Hospital - 2009
- Internship: St Vincent's Midtown Hospital - 2004
- West Marion Community Hospital
- Ocala Regional Medical Center