Application Requirements & Program Criteria
We appreciate your interest in Surgical Critical Care. Our program is a participant in the NRMP Match and accepts applications through Surgical critical care and Acute care surgery Fellowship Application Service (SAFAS). NRMP registration for the Match opens in June.
Below are the requirements for the application/admission process:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt, preferably on first attempt
- ABSITE scores
Our ACGME/ERAS Program Code: 4421144128
The same criteria listed above applies. COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores.
International Graduates (IMGs)
If you are an International Medical Graduate, you will need to provide the following information/documentation to be considered for admission.
- Valid ECFMG certification at the time of application
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Clinical experience in the U.S. (hands-on experience preferred)
- Command of the English language
We do not sponsor or accept visas.
Upon a favorable review of your application, you will be extended an invitation for an interview. Please note interviews are by invitation only. An email will be sent providing information on available dates and travel information. Once you accept an interview date, a confirmation will be sent with a more specific agenda for the interview day.
The interview day includes an overview of the program, a tour of Ocala Regional Medical Center, and a tour of the graduate medical education suite. A continental breakfast and lunch is provided.
For information on SAFAS, you may access their website at www.safas-sccpds.fluidreview.com. Current residents can also obtain additional information at Surgical Critical Care Information Center: www.sccpds.org