Application requirements and program criteria
We appreciate your interest in Internal Medicine. Our program is a participant in the NRMP Match and accepts applications through ERAS Below are the requirements for the application and admission process
- Dean’s Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Passing Score on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt, preferably on first attempt.
The same criteria listed above applies. COMLEX score will be accepted in place of USMLE scores.
International medical graduates
If you are an International Medical Graduate, you will need to provide the following information and documentation to be considered for an admission.
- Valid ECFMG certification at the time orientation
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
- Clinical Experience in the U.S. (hands on experience preferred)
- Command of the English Language
- We do not sponsor or accept H-1 Visas
Upon favorable review of your application, you will be extended an invitation for an interview. Please note interviews are by invitation only. An Email will be sent providing information on available dates and travel information. Once you accept an interview date, a confirmation will be sent with a more specific agenda for the interview day.
The interview day includes an overview of the program, tour of Ocala Regional Medical Center and graduate medical education suite. A pre-interview dinner with the residents is scheduled the night before the interview. We also provide lunch on interview day.
For information on ERAS you may access their website. Current medical students can also obtain information at their medical school dean’s office.
To locate us in ERAS, please use 1401100939.