Delivering Quality Healthcare That Matters To You
Quality Care is Important to Every Patient.
But how can you really know the care you're receiving is the best? The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the lead federal agency tasked with improving healthcare nationwide, defines quality health care as doing the right thing at the right time in the right way to achieve the best possible results. At Ocala Health, our team of experts lives by this definition every day at all of our facilities — Ocala Regional Medical Center, West Marion Community Hospital and our affiliated clinics. In fact, we've been recognized for our commitment to quality care by the most respected organizations in healthcare.
What are Others Saying About Us? Take a look…
- Ocala Health is exceeding the benchmarks set by Department of Health and Human Services' Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for the treatment of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. You can view our results at www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
- Ocala Health has demonstrated excellence through achieving accreditation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, the Society of Chest Pain Centers and the Joint Commission, as well as the Joint Commission's designation as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Ocala Health is recognized by the American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines quality improvement program for consistently adhering to strict procedures for the treatment of stroke. Ocala Health has also been awarded Silver Plus Level recognition for its stroke program.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield has designated Ocala Health a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery, as well as Knee and Hip Replacement, based on rigorous, evidence-based selection criteria in collaboration with expert physicians' and medical organizations' recommendations.
What's in it for you?
Our commitment to quality care is displayed through our advanced technology and every patient interaction with our highly skilled, caring team. Here are just a few ways we deliver quality care to you:
- New operating room tracking screens at Ocala Health allow family and friends in the surgical waiting rooms to receive up-to-the-minute status updates on their loved ones.
- Our system became the first in Marion County to post emergency room wait times on billboards and on-line, providing patients with the most updated information to make an informed decision when minutes matter.
- With Ocala Health's Aim for Zero initiative, our team is committed to achieving among the lowest infection rates in the region.
- A partnership with regional Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and the utilization of the latest technology allow for pre-hospital identification of stroke and heart attack patients who are en route to Ocala Regional Medical Center or West Marion Community Hospital. Emergency room physicians and staff are ready to treat the most critical of stroke and heart attack patients as soon as they arrive, saving precious minutes.
- An electronic medication administration barcode system is in place to ensure that Ocala Health patients always receive the correct medication and dosage.
- Ocala Health adheres to standards of practice outlined by the most well-respected healthcare quality agencies, including Joint Commission, Leapfrog and National Quality, ensuring the highest quality care for its patients and their families.
Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Initiatives
Ocala Health employs many ongoing patient safety and quality strategies as part of a dynamic performance improvement program and is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures. Outcomes include decreased hospital length of stay, decreased patient mortality, and decreased complication rates. Examples of patient safety and quality activities include:
- Participation in a formal Patient Safety Organization (PSO).
- Site specific and enterprise wide evidence based, patient centered, physician led clinical excellence initiatives designed to reduce avoidable clinical variation through transparent review of clinical performance data, analysis and application of best clinical evidence and practices, collaborative dialogue amongst hospital staff, medical staff, and clinical leaders.
- Including: Acute Myocardial Infarction, Sepsis, Hip & Spine, Stroke, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Clinical Safety Improvement Program (CSIP) which implements patient safety initiatives aimed to reduce the number of adverse events reduce patient harm and promote and further develop the patient safety culture.
- Including: Development and training of High Reliability Organizational expertise, Evidence Based Care management, IV Smart Pump Safety, and Safe Procedural and Surgical Verification.
Compassionate & Qualified Healthcare Team
Ocala Health relies upon industry practice when developing staffing plans that reflect the needs of the patient population and match the skills and experience of the staff. We implement staffing levels that are flexible and account for changes; including intensity of patient's needs, the number of admissions, discharges and transfers during a shift, level of experience of nursing staff, layout of the unit, and availability of resources (ancillary staff, technology etc.) to ensure appropriate number and mix of nursing staff which is critical to the delivery of quality patient care.
Tactics to ensure adequate and competent staffing include a variety of programs and business relationships with local colleges and staffing agencies. Examples of such include a comprehensive in-house training program (StaRN), clinical alliances with local nursing schools, and a business relationship with Parallon Workforce Solutions.
Patients may access the State of Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration website at this link for information about this facility: www.floridahealthfinder.gov