June 13, 2018
Ocala, FL - Ocala Health announces it will add 36 more beds to West Marion Community Hospital's campus. The 138-bed hospital will have 174 beds in early 2019 when the new floor opens.
Ocala Health Investing in Facilities
West Marion Community Hospital (138 beds to 174 beds)
- Completed 9 emergency department treatment rooms (Dec. 2017)
- Completed 4 operating rooms with 12 additional PACU beds (Dec. 2017)
- Completed 36 inpatient beds and 8 step down beds (Mar. 2018)
- Announcing 36 additional inpatient beds (early 2019)
- $62.7M Investment
Ocala Regional Medical Center (222 beds to 256 beds)
- Adding 12 emergency department treatment rooms (Q3 2019)
- Adding 34 inpatient beds (Q2 2019)
- Adding 2 operating rooms (Dec. 2018)
- Redesigning Central Sterile Supply (Q3 2018)
- Upgrading 11-bed Cath recovery
- Completed addition of Bi-Plane (Mar. 2018)
- Redesigning Pharmacy (Aug. 2018)
- $56.8M Investment
The West Marion Community Hospital facility opened as part of Ocala Health in 2002 with 70 beds. Since 2015, the hospital has added 68 beds and expanded its cardiac services and surgical technology with the addition of a robotic surgical system.
"West Marion Community Hospital and Ocala Health are dedicated to growing to meet the needs of our community and working with patient-centered specialists to provide superior quality care. We're excited to continue expanding to better serve our community," says Chad Christianson, Ocala Health CEO.