Medicine for the Mind
At the Neuroscience at Ocala Regional Medical Center, patients will find state-of-the-art treatments for neurological disorders. We provide complete care for patients from the neurosurgery operating room to the hospital bed, until you leave for home.
Our board certified neurologists and neurosurgeons work with a team of specially trained neurology nurses, pharmacists, case managers, licensed dietitians, physical therapists, and a dedicated group of volunteers. Together these experienced individuals form an accomplished staff which provides the best possible care for every patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Neurosurgeons perform many different procedures for all types of disorders. To view a list of some frequently asked questions about neurosurgery, click here.
Primary Stroke Center
Stroke is the leading cause of long-term disability among adults in the United States and the third leading cause of death behind heart disease and all forms of cancer. Nearly 780,000 individuals experience a new or recurrent stroke each year, and almost 165,00 die as a result of a stroke. Women account for 60.9% of stroke deaths.
Ocala Regional Medical Center is a certified primary stroke center by the State of Florida. Access to high quality stroke care at Ocala Regional Medical Center can mean the difference between life and death, as well as the difference in a patient's quality of life.
- Movement Disorder Clinic & Deep Brain Stimulation
- Memory Care Clinic
- Inpatient Services - Participation by family and friends is encouraged in the treatment and recovery rooms at the NeuroScience Center. This specialized 23-bed inpatient unit has 19 private rooms where your comfort and care are the primary concern.
- Outpatient Services - Treatment and information on an outpatient basis are available at the Movement Disorders clinic at the Center. Patients dealing with Parkinson's Disease and other nervous system movement disorders will find these services of particular benefit. Please call 352-401-1453 for more information regarding the clinic and its services.
- Diagnostic Imaging - Take advantage of the very latest technology used to determine the location and specifications of a particular neurological disorder. These services include EEG, MRI, Nerve Conduction Testing, and Sleep Studies. These tests are provided at Ocala Regional Medical Center, West Marion Community Hospital, and through a partnership with Radiology Associates of Ocala at many sites throughout Marion County.
- Surgical Services - Rest assured, as a patient you will recieve the most advanced surgical procedures and techniques at Ocala Regional Medical Center. Back and neck surgeries are performed by skilled surgeons utilizing the most progressive technology and sophisticated equipment. The NeuroScience Center provides brain surgery treatments available only at this hospital, with a specialized microsope exclusively used at ORMC.The unit is also the only place in Marion County to offer Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery for patients with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
- Therapies - Following surgery, many neurological patients benefit from various therapies available in The Center. Physical activity is often recommended for post-op patients, and physical therapy services are available on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. Our team of physical therapists is highly trained to create specific plans for each individual, according to his/her particular surgery and needs. Occupational therapy services may be recommended as well to speed along the recovery process. Our therapists work with physicians and the nursing staff to provide individualized care and treatment programs.
For more information on NeuroScience Center, call (352) 401-1453.
1431 SW 1st Ave
Ocala, FL 34471
- Services A-Z
- Bariatric Services
- Cancer Care
- Cardiovascular Services
- Emergency Care
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Orthopedic Joint Care Center
- Quick Care at West Marion
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Wellness
- Trauma Services
- Women's Center
- Wound and Hyperbaric Center